Best Anxiety Treatment in Roswell, GA
Almost everyone feels anxious from time to time. Anxiety is widely considered a normal reaction to a stressor, and it keeps us vigilant and safe. For instance, some college students feel anxious about failing their courses for failing to study, and so their anxiety motivates them to study harder. However, for some people, anxiety tends to be persistent, uncomfortable, debilitating, uncontrollable, and overwhelming.
Unhealthy anxiety can easily disrupt your relationship, career, and mental health. The symptoms of anxiety also tend to worsen without proper medical treatment. At Holistic Wellness Practice, we specialize in various anxiety treatments, therapies, and counseling services in Roswell, GA, and its environs.
We’re committed to providing our clients with supportive guidance and evidence-based anxiety treatment to help them take back control of their lives. Our skilled and compassionate therapists will help you free yourself from the burdens of fear, worry, and stress that prevent you from living a peaceful and happier life.
What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Roswell, GA?
Feeling anxious can make even the simplest tasks seem difficult. Physical symptoms of anxiety can manifest in a variety of ways:
- Panic attacks
- Racing thoughts and difficulty concentrating
- Self-doubt and bad decision-making
- Excessive worry and fear about minor things
- Obsession with certain ideas
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle tension
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep/insomnia
- Rapid breathing
- Fatigue or weakness
- Trembling or shaking
- Stomach problems
- Restlessness and nervousness
Different Types of Anxiety
When anxiety is persistent and overpowering, it becomes a disorder. There are several types of anxiety disorders, each with its unique characteristics. They include:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). This is best described as excessive worrying and anxiety about certain events, topics, or activities.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder. People with OCD usually have intrusive and disturbing thoughts that are difficult to control.
- Social anxiety disorder. This is best described as persistent fear and worry in social or performance events.
- Phobias. This refers to unreasonable, overwhelming, and excessive fear about a certain object, place, animal, situation, or feeling.
- Panic disorder. People with panic disorder experience recurring and unexpected panic attacks with no specific trigger.
Anxiety Treatments in Roswell, GA, with Holistic Wellness Practice
Even though anxiety may feel manageable to some extent, it’s usually a heavy burden that can affect the overall quality of your life. At HWP, we have a team of experienced anxiety therapists ready to help you get through this difficult period and overcome anxiety altogether.
To learn more about coping with anxiety, check out our post 4 Coping Skills to Manage Anxiety
Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) is a new form of psychotherapy used to treat people who have experienced traumatic events. It involves moving your eyes in a certain way while focusing on the parts of your body connected to the traumatic memory.
EMDR can help you heal from the distressing events you’ve encountered and the trauma they’ve caused you.
Even though EMDR therapy is relatively new compared to other psychotherapy treatment techniques, it has proven effective in treating anxiety disorders, PTSD, dissociative disorders, personality disorders, and other medical conditions.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is another form of psychotherapy that focuses on helping you change your negative thinking patterns and the beliefs and attitude that cause that sort of thinking.
CBT equips you with the right tools to solve your psychological problems and start living your best life. It helps with many mental health conditions, including anxiety disorder, depression, schizophrenia, PTSD, and eating disorders.
Our qualified and trained therapists at HWP provide CBT programs in Roswell, GA, to help our clients replace their negative and self-defeating thoughts with more positive and encouraging ones.
At HWP, we provide individual counseling for people suffering from anxiety. Our counselors and therapists use different techniques to help you combat your stress and anxiety in an effective way.
We strive to develop a personalized treatment plan that best suits your needs while focusing on improving your physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual well-being.
Our team of highly qualified and experienced counselors provide individual counseling in Roswell, GA, to help you manage your anxiety and move forward with your life.
Why You Should Choose HWP for Your Anxiety Counseling in Roswell, GA
Anxiety counseling can help you overcome negative thoughts, anxiety, and emotional triggers that prevent you from living a happy and positive life.
At HWP, our anxiety counseling sessions will help you:
- Identify your anxiety triggers and learn how to calm yourself
- Disengage from intrusive and negative thoughts
- Feel comfortable in social gatherings
- Accept reality as it is
- Focus on the present moment and the positive things happening in your life
- Overcome insecurities that are holding you back
Some of the reasons HWP stands out as the best in anxiety treatments in Roswell, GA, include:
- Qualified, well-trained, and experienced therapists
- Customized care to suit your specific mental health needs
- A full range of behavioral and holistic therapies to address negative thoughts and feelings causing your anxiety
Get Professional Help at Holistic Wellness Practice
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, you do not have to deal with it alone. Our licensed therapists in Roswell, Georgia, are ready to support you every step of the way on your journey to wellness. We will carefully evaluate your needs and develop a treatment plan just for you. Plus, you can choose from either in-person or virtual counseling — whichever works best for you.
Contact us to learn more about how you can take control of your thoughts and deal with life’s challenges effectively.